The last patch was out only four days ago, but Uber are hard at work already working on a new balance. It’s time for the beginning of a new round of PTE, so check out the change log below and provide your test feedback to Uber in the thread.
The big news in this PTE is that the Commander’s income and build speed has been nerfed, but storage increased. A huge change for the opening game.
- Build Energy Draw increased to 2200 from 1500
- Energy Production decreased to 2000 from 3000
- Metal Production decreased to 20 from 30
- Metal Storage increased to 1500 from 1000
- Energy Storage increased to 30,000 from 20,000
- Metal Cost increased to 200 from 150
- Metal Cost increased to 280 from 240
- Rate of Fire decreased to 7.5 from 10.0
- Celestial Observers now only reveal units travelling between planets as blips instead of revealing all orbital units.
- Nuke Radius increased to 230 from 200
- New model to better communicate that your units can shoot through it.
- Mesh Bounds changed to [5, 3, 14] from [5, 5, 7] (Taller, more narrow)
- Commander and missile turret weapons now prioritize pelicans over other non-prioritized air units.
- Neural networks for AI first pass
- Fix for an instance of AI getting stuck
- AI will now defend base for longer before abandoning it
- Minor changes to how AI will invade a planet
- Phoenix, Barracuda, Kraken and Unit Cannon enabled in Galactic War.
- Added Random System picker to the game lobby
- New Coherent version
- Update to UI framework that should improve stability of the game on Mac & Linux.
- Fix for some build issues