During my absence Uber have release two new PTEs, 82484 and 82714. To keep things simple I’m going to combine the patch notes for both.
This PTE is focused on an overhaul of the Galactic War design, though a lot of attention is being given to the UI and cleaning up some of the recently reported community bugs. To give it a try you will need to switch to PTE. As ever, give Uber your feedback in the official thread.
- Tech Discovery Redesign
- You will now be able to choose one tech from a group of three when you explore a system.
- You will no longer be given techs that you already have as one of the three choices.
- You will now only be given techs that you can use–IE no bot buffs without the ability to build bots.
- Rebalanced chances to discover various techs
- Improved AI difficulty ramping
- Improved system difficulty ramping
- New and improved redesigned boss fights for all factions
- Galactic War now defaults to a system size of Medium instead of Epic
- You now have the option to toggle “Hardcore mode” on and off when starting a new war
- Losing a match in Hardcore Mode will end the active Galactic War, as it did in previous Galactic War iterations
- Losing a match outside of Hardcore Mode will allow you to load a save from before moving into the hostile system.
- Galactic War now has two neutral stars that always spawn next to the starting point
- The two easier difficulty Galactic Wars now use a different set of possible system templates
- The easier system templates don’t go more than a planet and a moon. They also have more metal.
- Exiting from the gw star map now takes you back to the main menu.
- The in-game menu for a normal gw now contains a surrender option instead of an abandon war button. a hardcore gw will still have the abandon war button.
- Normal AI Difficulty Tuning
- Star system tuning
- Fix to the Galactic War intro video not playing
- When the player commander is destroyed, all remaining subcommanders will also be destroyed.
- AI now can now create unit threat data on demand
- This helps support units that are not included in unit_list.json.
- Deep Space Radar will no longer be seen as an orbital threat by the AI
- Fix for units going in circles
- Fix for a rare (1 in ~1400) AI crash
- Fix for AI crash when a platoon tries to retreat when there are no active AI bases left
- AI should be more diligent about building anti nukes
- Adjusted AI planet landing spot selection
- AI perf improvements
- Reduced the spikiness of AI perf some more
- Resume from here dialog will now pause the game
- Major rework for how recon works for blips to close potential exploit
- Units are now setup to allow their wreckage to be pathed through and shot through
- Remove beta tag on save game in menu
- All saved games are now in one place. This includes GW saves.
- You no longer go to the GW page to continue an existing GW. That page is only for creating new GWs. Use ‘the saved games’ page instead.
- There is now a resume last saved game button from the main menu. It is basically a continue button.
- You can now change your commander in GW while offline.
- The ‘continue recent game’ button will only appear if your most recent saved game is more recent than your last completed game.
- Selecting any menu item will now hide the menu
- Added a button to delete saved games
- Can’t delete save games stored on Playfab. You can delete local and galactic war saves
- Deleting the most recent save will clear out the “resume last saved game’ button
- The control group and idle unit widgets are hidden when you are spectating.
- Chronocam will ignore unit alerts while you are spectating.
- Added in persistent alerts for special weapons (halleys and lazer).
- Hide special alerts that are triggered while in chronocam
- Updates to visuals and layout of celestial/planets panel to closer align w/ new special weapon alert UI resume anywhere fixes
- Updated icons used for special weapons in special alerts
- Better feedback when attempting to reconnect to a game in progress, and when joining a non-LAN game from the server browser.
- Don’t jump back to the main menu if a server connection attempt from the server browser fails. Go back to the server browser.
- Better progress indication when everyone has accepted a matchmaking match.
- Disabling the main menu button while the game is saving.
- Fix to add button for player guide in menu.
- Improve load times of UI even further.
- Improved offline main menu
- Hide leaderboards if we can’t fetch it.
- Hide update news if we can’t fetch it.
- Show a placeholder “null message” for YouTube videos if we can’t retrieve them.
- Hide the “show leaderboards” button when you’re not signed in (it doesn’t work.)
- Reduce the size of the leaderboard entries when they don’t have a “view replay” button on them.
- Added a message box when you can’t start a game
- This shows up if you’re not signed in to ubernet and you won’t be using an offline server.
- UI more responsive when connecting to a server
- The stats panel will now show the max tick time in parenthesis, along with the average tick time
- Reduced load times of UI, especially the main menu
- Misc layout updates to be more consistent w/ landing page template, removed unused planet UI
- Layout fixes for shared resources indicators
- Updated start menu for displaying last saved
- The paused popup will no longer appear at the same time as the building planets popup
- Units flagged as not collidable with projectiles as wreckage will no longer have the attack cursor come up on the client
- Fix for a case where a unit would stop and lose its nav move
- Mines can now, once again, be shot by projectiles
- Fix for (selection/control group/idle) type indicators
- Fix for some units failing to attack during an attack move
- Added music cue for the Target Planet scene
- Fix for custom alert behavior (the first custom alert would work, but all the ones after that would fail)
- Fix for units being able to remove orders flagged as blocking from their order queue.
- Fix for a case where units would continuosly run into the side of a structure.
- Fix for some weird and wacky pathing behavior from units.
- Fix for corrupted audio file on anti air
- Fix for weapon prioritization bug.
- All the csg transformation keybindings will now behavior correctly when the key is held down.
- Fixed Jig not atrophying if a fabber stops building it.
- Fix one-time memory leak after viewing intro video.
- Reduced load time of intro video, and reduced memory usage during intro playback.
- Fix the youtube list in the main menu
- Fix to layout of in-game menu in GW and live game, added offline state for uberbar
- Fixes a Linux crash we have been seeing
- Fix to anim event bug
- Better error messages and logging when encountering UI crashes to help track down common problems
- Fixed metal not updating during replays
- Fixed the lobby option ‘listen to spectators’
- Minor perf improvement for units with auto attacking weapons
- Perf improvement for bomb bots with orders
- Fixed inviting users to private games
- Show immediate progress information when accepting uberbar game invite
- Client crashes upon reconnecting to a game in progress. We are still investigating this issue.